(現在 過去ログ3 を表示中)

HOME HELP 新規作成 新着記事 トピック表示 発言ランク 検索 過去ログ

[ 最新記事及び返信フォームをトピックトップへ ]

■888 / inTopicNo.1)  The Draft and your assistance

□投稿者/ Todd Zenji Takahashi @MAIL -(2003/03/19(Wed) 16:19:32)
    Dear Rev. Tanaka:
    As the war looms ever so near, I would like to ask for your help. I remember when I was at KIC, you told me about KCNA's decision to back Makoto Tsuyuki's decision to be a conscientious objector of the war when he was drafted into the army.
    At present here in the United States, there is new talk of reinstating the draft and that's so scary to me. Being a high school teacher and teaching seniors, I know that if the draft is reinstated, those beautiful students I have, would go straight to war. Ministers in KMH are affected as well, since KMH has not taken a stance on this issue. And thus, I am coming to you for help.
    I recently wrote Rev. Muta about our 3 ministers in Hawai`i. Rodney and David Yano; and Alvin Yasutake. Should the draft be reinstated (and there is talk of it), all three qualify to be drafted (unless someone has a health problem). I asked Rev. Muta to talk with you about this, as I do not remember the full details of what had happened during that time.
    I suggested to Rev. Muta that he should get a consensus of all head minsiters in Hawai`i on this issue, so that if Rodney, David or Alvin decide to become conscientious objectors of the war, Rev. Muta with the backing of all the head ministers in Hawai`i can keep all three out of the war. I feel that gaining a consensus also leads to solidarity.
    Rev. Michie Uzunoe herself is worried and I told her about KCNA setting prescedence and that she should look into it and also contact you.
    I wish I had paid more attention to what you had shared with me about that moment in KCNA history, but honestly speaking I never thought something like this would ever come to be. Yet, now I realize how prudent it was for KCNA to have made a decisive decision as such, as it will and can save the lives of many.
    Thank you for your time.
    Aloha kakou,
    Todd Zenji Takahashi
引用返信/返信 削除キー/
■890 / inTopicNo.2)  Re[1]: The Draft and your assistance
□投稿者/ モロ @MAIL -(2003/03/20(Thu) 18:08:17)
http://osaki.konko.jp
    高橋トッド先生
     日本語で書いてよろしいでしょうか。だれか、英語でやりとりをする必要のある関係者がいるなら英語に切り換えます。
     返信が遅くなりました。アメリカがついにイラク攻撃を始めました。残念です。一刻も早くやめてほしいです。

戦争が長引くと徴兵が始まり、金光教の青年教師、青年信奉者が戦場に送られることもあり得ます。そこで、「良心的な兵役拒否」が出来ないか、というお尋ねでした。
     さすがトッド先生、将来起こりうる事態に対処しようとしておられる。

かつて、ベトナム戦争の時、金光教北米教団として、 「良心的な兵役拒否」(conscientious objection)をおこなって、青年信奉者を戦場行きから守ったことがあります。1972年のことで、私もその場に居あわせました。トッド先生が国際センターにいた頃、話した私のその話を思い出し、金光教の過去の経験から、今回の事態に対して、何とか対処できないか、というトッド先生の考えですね。

日本では、政府がアメリカの戦争を支持することに反対するかどうかというレベルの話ですが、アメリカでは、戦場に行くかどうか、家族や友人を戦場に送るかどうか、というなまなましい現実になるわけだということを思い出しました。

金光教の信心から言って、「人を殺傷することはできない」という立場から、兵役を拒否する立場を守ってほしいと思います。
     良心的な兵役拒否者は、自分の信仰する金光教の教えでは、「人間は皆神のいとし子」であり、人間を傷つけ、あるいは殺すことは神の願いに反し、信仰に背くことになるので出来ない。従って、戦場に行くよりは、どんな労苦があろうとも、その苦役を担うことを選びます、という宣言をすることになると思います。
     本人の、そうした意思表明に対し、ハワイセンターや北米センターの所長が、本人が金光教の信奉者であること、日頃教会活動を積極的におこなっていること、金光教の信仰から「良心的兵役拒否者」conscientious objector になる立場を守ることなどの手紙を政府宛に書く必要が出てきます。

かつてはそういう選択をしたわけですが、今改めて、教会長(あるいは全教師による)による議論と合意を形成する必要があるかも知れません。

キリスト教系の教団では、政治的に保守的な教団は別として、conscientiou objection の経験をもった教団があるはずです。また、法的には、弁護士に相談する必要が出てくると思います。
引用返信/返信 削除キー/

トピック内ページ移動 / << 0 >>

このトピックに書きこむ

過去ログには書き込み不可

Pass/

HOME HELP 新規作成 新着記事 トピック表示 発言ランク 検索 過去ログ

- Child Tree -