(現在 過去ログ12 を表示中)

HOME HELP 新規作成 新着記事 トピック表示 発言ランク 検索 過去ログ

[ 最新記事及び返信フォームをトピックトップへ ]

■2106 / inTopicNo.1)  Happy New Year & Happy Birthday

□投稿者/ Todd Zenji Takahashi @MAIL 一般人(1回)-(2006/01/02(Mon) 07:02:55)
http://www.konkokyohawaii.org
    Aloha Mai Reverend Tanaka:

Happy New Year! (It's January 1st in Hawai'i now) AND more importantly, Happy Birthday!!!

I hope you and your family are in good health. Sadly, this year I am unable to visit Japan during this time like I did last year. I didn't realize (well I forgot) how quiet Japan is during the New Year's season.

I hope that you and your family will have not only a safe and joyous new year, but also a harmonious and FAVOR-FUL one as well.

A hui hou. Malama Pono.

Meke Aloha Pumehana,

Todd Z. Takahashi

引用返信/返信 削除キー/
■2107 / inTopicNo.2)  Re[1]: Happy New Year & Happy Birthday
□投稿者/ モロ @MAIL 一般人(24回)-(2006/01/02(Mon) 22:06:12)
http://osaki.konko.jp
    2006/01/02(Mon) 22:08:32 編集(管理者)

A Happy New Year, Reverend Todd Takahashi!
    I am glad to hear from you. Mahalo for the greeting of a New Year and for my birthday. I already wore a red chanchanko two years ago. Your know this Japanese custom, I guess.

My family is small now, because our children do not live together. The youngest one lives very close to us, but he usually comes late at night. The other two live in Southern hemisphere.
    So, relatively we are leading a quiet life. It is very calm around our living area. Tokyo is very quiet during the New Year's period as you mentioned.

>A hui hou. Malama Pono.
    >Meke Aloha Pumehana,
    What do these Hawaiian words mean?

Why don't you visit our church when you come to Japan next time. When you came to our church, it was old building. It is five years since new church building was built. Time flies.
    I also hope you would have a joyful, peaceful and FAVOR-FUL(was this term made by you?) life in such a difficult world.

Motoo

引用返信/返信 削除キー/
■2112 / inTopicNo.3)  Re[2]: Happy New Year & Happy Birthday
□投稿者/ Todd Zenji Takahashi @MAIL 一般人(2回)-(2006/01/03(Tue) 19:07:00)
http://www.konkokyohawaii.org
    Aloha Mai Rev. Tanaka!!!

It's my pleasure to greet you and congratulate you. I remember that you and my mother are the same age. Two years ago, instead of a red chanchanko, my mother wore a beautiful red, double carnation lei. We had a "surprise party" for her, and it included guests from Chicago, as well as family members she hadn't seen in a long time.

Oh my, you're family has really gotten small. Where in the southern hemisphere are your children?

I have to admit, you have inspired me to travel. I love your journeys that you took, looking at your pictures (when I was at KIC), and listening about your adventures. Thus, two years ago, I began my own adventures. I went to Taiwan for two weeks. And that was so remarkable. Thank you for being such a positive inspiration. My next adventure is Korea, then South East Asia and after the Asia trips, I begin with South America (Brazil and Argentina!).

As you may know, those are Hawaiian words. "A hui hou" means good bye. "Malama pono" (there should be a line over the first a) literally translate means "care for all that is righteous". But simply put, "Please take care." "Meke Aloha Pumehana" is an expression used with people you feel you have intimate ties with saying, "with much love." In Hawaiian culture, it is strongly believed that to give away our aloha to another person, is to give that person a part of yourself. You learn so much teaching at a school for Native Hawaiians. (www.ksbe.edu)

True, the last time I visited Osaki, it was an older church. I didn't think anything of it being old. (I guess I'm so used to different Konkokyo churches). I would love to. I'm hoping to visit in March during my spring break.

By the way, favor-ful is a word that I made up. If you have the chance to read the book, "Your Best Life Now" by Joel Osteen of Lake Wood Church in Texas, you'll see why I came up with it. Joel Osteen is like a mentor to me. I love to listen to his sermons and he inspires me. He's like a Konkokyo minister, speaking in English in a easy to understand, modern, humorous, mesmorizing manner. His book "Your Best Life Now" is a book i've recommended to all the young ministers in Hawai'i to read. I have yet to come across another book like it that really focuses on "favor-minded thinking". www.joelosteen.com I also coined the word "favor-ful" after having attended PSI Seminars. I went to their Basic and their PSI-7 workshops and was blown away. Talk about Konkokyo in action and in your face. Recently, the Board of Directors here in Hawai'i have agreed that should any minister wish to attend the Basic seminar here, that the KMH would pay for it. As bold as this next statement may sound, I strongly believe it to be true, that the Basic Seminar of PSI is much more powerful and more effective than the Shutokuden could ever be.

Sorry, I got carried away, but I was so excited about responding to all of your questions.

Please take care!

A hui hou!

Todd
引用返信/返信 削除キー/
■2114 / inTopicNo.4)  Re[3]: Happy New Year & Happy Birthday
□投稿者/ モロ @MAIL 一般人(25回)-(2006/01/03(Tue) 22:07:54)
http://osaki.konko.jp
    Aloha Mai Rev. Takahashi:

Thank you for responding my questions courteously.
    I hope to study about what Joel Ssteen argued.

My eldest son lives in near Brisbane in Australia. To tell the truth, he has been there for a year and came back home and staying here for the New Year time. He will go back soon for the begining of the school. My daughter left for New Zealand last month. She is studying English at school.

I am grateful to have chances to visit many countries. Experiences of visiting many coutries broaden my horizens.

I really hope you would come back to my church.

Motoo
引用返信/返信 削除キー/

トピック内ページ移動 / << 0 >>

このトピックに書きこむ

過去ログには書き込み不可

Pass/

HOME HELP 新規作成 新着記事 トピック表示 発言ランク 検索 過去ログ

- Child Tree -